The Christian Broadcasting Council of the UK aims to encourage believers in all sectors of Christian media / including online church outreaches, fostering Kingdom consensus and unity. We also want to champion the cause of quality Christian programming through prayer, mentorship, practical support and recognising excellence. Through our CBC UK Directory we hope to provide a helpful resource that brings believers together to fulfil the Great Commission through media.
How we fulfil our mission
- By promoting Christian media in all its forms and encouraging media practitioners and church communications teams to follow best practices as well as a basic statement of faith.
- Inspiring Christian media practitioners and church communications teams with helpful reading material, training materials and access to mentorship.
- Through good links with Parliament, the House of Lords and the regulator Ofcom we campaign, consult and lobby for the industry.
- We hold monthly prayer meetings in central London to pray for the media and those working in it.
- We provide a comprehensive directory of Christian media networks, practitioners, organisations serving the media industry etc. With the huge growth of online church services we are pleased to offer the first comprehensive listing of Church live streams as well as Christian YouTube channels.
- In years gone by, we have held CBC Media Awards to celebrate excellence in Christian programming on TV, Radio, Animation, Film and Online. We hope to revive these awards in future.
- We have also previously arranged consultations for Christian media owners, leaders and practitioners to discuss industry matters and receive spiritual encouragement
- Plus, we have held symposiums in the House of Lords on key issues to the nation and Christian broadcasters.
Join us and help us make these exciting projects happen!