At Christian Music Ministries (CMM), we aim to use music to share the gospel, minister in the power of the Holy Spirit and to equip and encourage individuals and churches. To do this, we hold a number of events during the year including:
- Musical productions – Roger Jones, composer and director of CMM, has written over 24 musicals over the years, always containing a musical telling of biblical stories with a strong Christian message. Vocal scores, CDs, orchestrations and more performance materials can be found on our website.
- Musical in a day – At our musical in a day events, churches host us and we take over for the day in teaching one of Roger’s musicals to a choir and orchestra. Then, audience gather in the evening for the final performance to show off what they have been learning.
- Musical man evening – A musical man evening consists of the telling of Roger’s story via interview and musical performances and demonstrations. This again is hosted by a church, and they usually provide a choir and some musicians. CMM then bring a team of soloists and musicians to rehearse and perform on the day.
- Music weeks / Retreats – Our CMM music weeks are retreats in gorgeous settings where you can enjoy a great week of teaching, music making (even singing one of Roger’s musicals), praise evenings and more. There is free time in the afternoon to explore the surrounding areas, but ultimately we hope them to be spiritually rich yet restful weeks. They are not specifically aimed at musicians, just anyone who is open to hear bible teaching and enjoys music.
- Worship Works / Spirit Works Workshop – We also offer the opportunity for churches to host us and we spend the day leading workshops based on material from either of CMM’s publications ‘Worship Works’ or ‘Spirit Works’. Both will be useful for everyone, but ‘Worship Works’ will have more of a focus on leading worship in the spirit, whereas ‘Spirit Works’ is tuned towards hearing God and ministering to yourself and others through the Holy Spirit.
- Appledore Christian Music Festival – This is a weekend of praise in North Devon, featuring music and workshops from a variety of genres to suit many tastes! Sessions will be hosted in St Mary’s Church, Appledore and Appledore Baptist Church.
- ‘Heart and Soul’ Radio Show – Roger Jones hosts ‘Heart and Soul’ along with Debra Mayo, Graeme Russell, Dave Stansbie and Annie Routley. Heart and Soul is a Christian radio show featured on the secular, Birmingham based radio station ‘Brumside Radio’. The show involves interviews with special guests along with music and chat. You can listen to Heart and Soul by tuning in to Brumside Radio using your smart speaker, app or online on Wednesdays from 6-8pm then repeats on Thursdays from 4-6pm. Previous shows are added to the CMM website weekly, so you can listen to them there.
Visited 129 times, 2 Visits today